Catchfire Press is pleased to announce a new competition for prose and poetry:
Home is the Hunter
With $1200 in prizes to be won!
How many ways are there to celebrate what the Hunter Valley means to you? Every family has a story about coming to the Hunter. From the earliest of times, people have been moving into the valley and making it their home. They have been attracted by the beauty and bounty of the place, sought refuge from war and adversity, followed job opportunities, gathered together with their families or come just to enjoy the lifestyle.
Judges for the Home is the Hunter writing competition are:
- Karen Crofts – Director, Hunter Writers Centre, B.A. Dip. Ed. M.C.A. (prose judge); and
- Jean Talbot (Poetry judge).
Send us stories (fiction or non-fiction), poems and essays and share your love, laughter, pain and tears with our readers.
- Prose (200 – 2000 word limit)
- Poetry (up to 100 lines)
In each category:
- First place – $350
- Second place – $250
- Commendations will be awarded
Click here to download the entry form as a PDF.
Send your entries by 31st of October 2015 with entry fee ($10.00 per entry) and completed entry form to:
HOME IS THE HUNTER, Catchfire Press, PO Box 72, WALLSEND, NSW, 2287.
Catchfire Press is also inviting cover designs for the next book, ‘Home is the Hunter’.
- There will be a $200 prize for the winning entry.
- No entry fee.
- Please attach your name and address to your entry, but not written on it.
- Dimensions: Height 225mm x Width 170mm, 5mm bleed.
Catchfire Press is a voluntary, not-for-profit, community based publisher.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Two hard copies and the electronic copy of each submission are required.
Send the two hard copies to:
Home is the Hunter
PO Box 72
WALLSEND, NSW, 2287
and the electronic copy to:
2. Each work must be accompanied by a separate title page with the author’s name and contact details.
3. The entrant’s name must not appear anywhere on the work submitted except the title page.
4. Each work must be typed and double-spaced. Each page must bear the title and page number. For prose entries please add word count if possible.
5. Please keep a copy of your entries: no entries will be returned.
6. Entries can be fiction or non-fiction.
7. A limit of three (3) entries per category will be accepted per author, but please pay the $10.00 fee for each entry.
8. Each entry must be the original, unpublished work of the entrant. No discussion as to the copyright or authenticity of material will be entered into.
9. Payment by cheque, money order or direct deposit. (Newcastle Permanent, Catchfire Press Inc,
BSB 650000, Acct No 814813908.) Please remember to provide your name if using direct deposit.
Cheques or money orders are payable to Catchfire Press.
10. Entry Fees: Prose: $10 each entry, 200 – 2000 word limit.
Poetry: $10 each entry, up to 100 line limit.
11. The closing date for the competition is 31st October 2015: only entries postmarked by that date are eligible for the monetary awards.
12. Entries will be submitted anonymously to the judging panel.
13. Privacy & copyright: Catchfire Press and its judges will not make available your identity, address or entry to any other organisation. Copyright remains with the author.
14. For more entry forms and information about the competition and Catchfire Press visit our website: http://www.catchfirepress.com.au or phone (02) 4955 8924, (02) 4957 1466, or (02) 4957 1836.
15. Winners and commended entrants will receive a free copy of the book. Other successful entrants may purchase one copy at a special price.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL ENTRANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED.
PLEASE KEEP THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.